5/13/10

Herbert The Swamp Monster - A Work In Progress...

This is one of my many works in progress. I have had the idea of Herbert for almost 3 years now.

Herbert is a swamp monster that lives in the Bayous of Louisiana. He lives alone in a little run down shack where he collects frog eggs and tadpoles, presumably to eat them. What the reader of his story will find out, though, is that he doesn't eat them at all. Herbert takes it as his duty to protect all the creatures of the Bayou. He raises them to frogs as his own children. In a sense, Herbert is the frog king.

These sketches were started in one of my random moments of inspiration 3 months ago. I started one Saturday morning and worked hard most of the day. I stopped for reasons I cant exactly explain. I think if my home computer were more up to the task at illustrating such a gigantic file, (it's true, I set the resolution and size a little too large for my computer's own good,) I probably would have been more apt to finish this. There is the dream though that one day I will finish him.

Photobucket
-First draft sketch

Photobucket
-Beginning layers of paint and rendering

2 shout outs:

SKIZO said...

Wonderful
work
good
creations

Alexander C. Pawlicki said...

Thanks Skizo. I think your my first ever Blogspot comment... how exciting!

Post a Comment

Blog content and images posted copyright Alexander Pawlicki. Powered by Blogger.