12/2/10

Blogging and Drawing in General...

It can be frustrating to come to this blog space and see no new readers, and no new comments. I am trying to be as diligent as possible with updating this space and posting new work. Clearly I'm not doing this well enough.

I've been reading quite a bit about promoting your blog and getting readers and I am taking some actions to remedy this situation. Anybody have any tips?

Also, the robot tee seems to have bottomed out at 40 votes. It's sad and disappointing I guess. I have 1 or 2 other sites to test this design at before I retire it.

In the mean time, I am working on a brand new design. I was sitting there last night with my sketchbook just wracking my brain searching for some kind of inspiration when the light bulb went off in my head. I don't want to talk about details for the design yet but I think everyone will like it. It's a funny design more so than an artistic one. I'm going to be doing a vector based design for it so I will post my steps and my process.

I've had no instruction on going from a drawing to a vector illustration. Everything I know I had to teach myself, so I'm hoping a fellow vector artist will see my process and be able to tell me what they do and what works for them. In the mean time, I just took a break from work to post this. I will be posting sketches as I have them, and I'm hoping to have the final piece ready some time next week. I wish I could just sit in my studio and create all day, but I got bills to pay.

Thanks for reading if you have been, and if your a new reader, stick around and give it a chance. I've always wanted this forum to display what I'm up to, but more importantly, I want to network with other illustrators and graphic artists.

0 shout outs:

Post a Comment

Blog content and images posted copyright Alexander Pawlicki. Powered by Blogger.