4/6/11

Been a Little While...

It's been a little while. I have been drawing a lot though. Last Saturday I received my new tablet, the Wacom Cintique 12WX. Let me tell you, if you're an artist and you're still using an Intuos or a Bamboo tablet, put the funds together and pick up a Cintique! This thing is freaking amazing. It's like drawing directly on paper thanks to the LCD screen, but much faster and controllable thanks Photoshop, Illustrator and Painter! It's helped me feel more inspired and look forward to drawing all over again. I've got a few projects in the works to show you all in the next coming week or 2. In the mean time, I do have something new to show you.

I was driving home today when I noticed a robin on the side of the road greedily digging a worm out of the ground. This made me immensely happy because it means winter is over and spring is finally here. Any way, I got this image in my head and couldn't wait to get in the door and get it on paper. I've received some good comments on it, but also some crits I may need to think about. For instance, I was told animal lovers may hate this concept. I can't control what gets in my head and what makes me giggle. I don't care, I'm determined to finish this. I think my favorite comment was from my girlfriend Natalie, "Why?" The answer is I have no idea.

I look forward to finishing this illustration and the other piece I'm in the middle of coloring. Let me know what you think of it so far or if you got any critiques. Thanks as always and have a good one!

0 shout outs:

Post a Comment

Blog content and images posted copyright Alexander Pawlicki. Powered by Blogger.